Wednesday, 20th January
- Nar Valley Federation of Church Academies»
- Sporle Primary Academy»
- Our Learning»
- Kingfisher Class»
- SCHOOL CLOSURE TASKS»
- Wednesday, 20th January»
Welcome to Wednesday's learning tasks!
Spellings: Rule 20: ‘ous’ or ‘ious’ suffixes
On the spelling frame website, go to year 5 and 6 spelling rule 37. Practise the spellings and take the test. Please let your teacher know your score through Class Dojo.
Encourage pupils to practise their times tables by clicking on the link below. This will give 10 questions based around recall of the times tables facts.
- Click on the daily 10 image.
- At the top of the page, you should see 3 ‘choose’ tabs
- 1st tab: Choose level 4 (year 4) or level 5 (year 5)
- 2nd tab: Multiplication, Choose mixed tables up to x12
- Then you should see a range of question intervals at the bottom of the page…try starting with 7 seconds to begin with.
- Upload your score to dojo to let your teacher know how you got on.
You could also try selecting division to practice using your knowledge of times tables to solve related division questions.
White Rose Maths
Note: this week there are separate lessons for year 4 and year 5 children.
Year 4: Multiply 3 digits by 1 digit.
Watche the video below to help you understand the method. Then, complete the worksheet below. Use a calclulator to check to see if your answers are correct.
Year 5: Multiply 2 digits by 2 digits
Watch the video below to help you understand the method. Then, complete the worksheet below. Use a calculator to check to see if your answers are correct.
English: Revolting Recipes
Over the next 3 days, we will be writing our own 'Revolting Recipe'.