Friday 26th June
- Nar Valley Federation of Church Academies»
- Narborough Primary Academy»
- Our Learning»
- Badger Class»
- SCHOOL CLOSURE: Home learning»
- Friday 26th June»
Spellings: i sound spelt y
Use this link: https://spellingframe.co.uk/
It's Friday, which means it is test day!
- Click on year 3 & 4 Spelling rule 2 (i sound spelt y in the word)
- On Friday click on Practice / Test and test the spelling rule you have been learning this week.
- Record your score in your English Book under your word
Remember, you will need to complete the spelling test on Friday, so it is a good idea to practice writing some of these words each day too.
Reading: A Bear called Paddington
Either listen to, or read for yourself, the fourth chapter of ‘A Bear called Paddington.
Chapter 4- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46YFinIT98o
Or enjoy reading it yourself! It is a free download on Kindle. https://www.amazon.co.uk/Bear-Called-Paddington-Book-ebook/dp/B006UN3FTY
Writing: Dilemma, resolution and ending
Today, you are going to write the dilemma, resolution and ending of your chapter. You will need to have your story mountain to remind you of your ideas. You can write it by hand, or type it on a computer/laptop other form of technology...you decide. You will need to:
- organise your writing into paragraphs (I suggest 1 paragraph for your dilemma, 1 for your resolution and 1 paragraph for your ending).
- describe details to the reader using expanded noun phrases (reminder below) and interesting vocabulary to help the reader picture in their head where the characters are and what is happening.
- try starting some sentences using fronted adverbials (I know Miss wright had worked on this with you. I have included a fronted adverbials word mat to help you below).
Remember, the reader needs to be able to picture the devastation that Paddington causes, so you will need to describe it clearly.
Daily 10: Practice those mental maths skills!
Having listened to your feedback from last week, some of you preferred the white rose maths, and some preferred the NCETM videos. So, I am going to offer a choice. You can either do the white rose or the NCETM videos. There is no right or wrong option, it is what best suits you. Either lesson will benefit your child.
NCETM Year 3/4
Lesson 10: Explore different contexts for building a whole when a part is known
Friday Fun Family Challenge:
Work together as a family to become awesome problem solvers! Some challenges are easier than others. They do get progressively harder (Up to year 9 level…so if you struggle with questions 4 and above, don’t panic!). See how many of the problems you can solve… parents can also help! (The problems are the same for year 3 and 4, so clicking on either link will take you to the relevant challenge: Summer term, week 9: Friday Maths challenge).
Art/DT (Thursday and Friday)
Continue to create a habitat in a shoebox or make a diorama (3D model) for an Andean bear. Think carefully about what will need to be included. See word document below for some inspiration.