TUesday 19th January
- Nar Valley Federation of Church Academies»
- Narborough C of E Primary Academy»
- Our Learning»
- Fox Class»
- January 2021 School Closure»
- TUesday 19th January»
Welcome to Tuesday’s learning tasks!
Spellings: Rule 20: ‘ous’ or ‘ious’ suffixes
Use the powerpoint below to explore when the ‘ous’ or ‘ious’ suffixes are used. Can children explain when to use each suffix?
Quick Write: Similes sentences
Watch the short video tutorial from your teacher on dojo, and have a go at writing your own sentences containing similes. How many different similes can you think of? Use the information on the slide below to give you some ideas.
Encourage pupils to practise their times tables by clicking on the link below. This will give 10 questions based around recall of the times tables facts.
- Click on the daily 10 image.
- At the top of the page, you should see 3 ‘choose’ tabs
- 1st tab: Choose level 4 (year 4) or level 5 (year 5)
- 2nd tab: Multiplication, Choose mixed tables up to x12
- Then you should see a range of question intervals at the bottom of the page…try starting with 7 seconds to begin with.
- Upload your score to dojo to let your teacher know how you got on.
You could also try selecting division to practice using your knowledge of times tables to solve related division questions.
White Rose Maths
Note: this week there are separate lessons for year 4 and year 5 children.
Year 4: Multiply 2 digits by 1 digit.
Click on the link below to watch the video tutorial about how to multiply 2 digit numbers by 1 digit numbers.
Then, complete the worksheet below (Y4 Maths Multiply 2 digits by 1 digit). You could print it off and write on the worksheet, or write the answers on paper/exercise book, but remember to number your answers clearly so your parents can check you are correct.
Parents: I have also uploaded the answer sheet (Y4 MATHS ANSWERS) for you to refer to.
Year 5: Multiply 3 digits by 2 digits
Click on the link below to watch the video tutorial about multiplying a 3 digit number by a 2 digit number.
Then, complete the worksheet below (Y5 Maths Multiply 3 digits by 2 digits). You could print it off and write on the worksheet, or write the answers on paper/exercise book, but remember to number your answers clearly so your parents can check you are correct.
Parents: I have also uploaded the answer sheet (Y5 MATHS ANSWERS) for you to refer to.
These interactive lessons are from the natural curriculum website. Clicking on the links will take you to the relevant webpage. The children need to work through each of the 4 parts (see the tabs at the bottom…1- Learning objective, 2- The Grammar bit, 3- Whiteboard challenge, 4- Writing ideas.) There is a downloadable worksheet on the writing ideas page for children to complete, which you can also find at the bottom of this page. This can be printed for children to work on, or alternatively children could write their answers on paper/in a book.
Show your teacher how you got on by uploading a photo/screenshot of your work to your profile on class dojo.
Year 4 and 5: Prepositions
History: What was Britain like before the Romans?
Click on the link below to access the Oak Academy lesson What was Britain like before the Romans?
- Watch the video lesson with Mr Barber to learn what Britain was like before the Romans and how historians have been able to learn about this period of history. Pause the video when instructed to complete the tasks, writing your answers down on paper.
If you have problems with buffering with the video, you could scroll down and view the presentation instead.
- Complete the exit quiz to see how much you have learned.
Share your score with your teacher on dojo to let them know how you got on.
PE: Personal Challenge 1
It is really important to stay active. Try the “Around the world” challenge (see word document below for more details). What is your best score in 60 minutes? Let your teacher know your score. Can you go for Gold?