Thursday 28th January
- Nar Valley Federation of Church Academies»
- Narborough Primary Academy»
- Our Learning»
- Squirrel Class»
- Spring 2021 Home Learning»
- WB: 25th January 2021»
- Thursday 28th January»
Today you might like to practise your spellings and test yourselves using the Spelling frame website. Although there is a subscription you can still use the segmenting and practise / test option for free.
Revision spellings https://spellingframe.co.uk/spelling-rule/138/26-ore
Year 2 spellings https://spellingframe.co.uk/spelling-rule/85/8-The-l-sound-spelt-–el-at-the-end-of-words
Year 3 spellings https://spellingframe.co.uk/spelling-rule/15/10-Endings-which-sound-like-sion
Reading / Story time
Listen to the story time video on Class Dojo. Then choose a book that you enjoy and read a few pages. Can you imagine you are one of the characters and change your voice and expressions on your face to be like the character?
Mental / Oral
1 player -> short game -> Choose the multiplication you need to practise.
Y2 - Divide by 10 Watch the video.
Pause the video where needed to answer questions and complete the worksheet.
There is also a challenge sheet if you want to push yourself.
Y3 - Scaling
Today we are learning about scaling. We can scale things up or down. So, for example if you were to look at a map of Narborough it would be scaled down as Narborough is too big to draw a map of. If you were baking cakes and the recipe was for 8 cakes but you wanted more cakes you would the scale the recipe up. Watch the video and complete the worksheet in the resources to help you learn more about scaling.
Your challenge is to write a paragraph describing your jungle picture from yesterday.
Today’s challenge however is to use a variety of different sentence openers so you don’t always start your sentences with the word 'the'.
Download the word mat to help you with some ideas of sentence openers. See if you can not use the word THE.
Eg In the distance, a brightly coloured, feathered bird fluttered through the green leaves.
For the next few weeks we will be learning about 'Healthy Living'. The children will :
- find out about and describe the basic needs of animals, including humans, for survival (water, food and air)
- describe the importance for humans of exercise, eating the right amounts of different types of food, and hygiene.
Today the children will be recapping what animals need to survive and then go on a 'Living Thing Scavenger Hunt'.
- Watch video - https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/topics/z6882hv/articles/zx38wmn
- Complete ‘What do animals need to survive’ work sheet
- Either inside or outside and find examples of water, food and shelter in your own environments. Complete ‘Living thing scavenger hunt’.
If you wish there is also a challenge sheet to complete!