Thursday 9th July
- Nar Valley Federation of Church Academies»
- Castle Acre C of E Primary Academy»
- Our Learning»
- Whitebeam Class»
- School closure work»
- # Summer Term 2»
- Week Beginning Monday 6th July»
- Thursday 9th July»
English – FOR ALL…African animals
Continue with your words for this week….
Gryffindor /Ravenclaw : disappoint disagree disobey inactive incorrect illegal illegible immature immortal imperfect impossible impatient
Click on the link and go to Spelling Rule 4 to find the list and the daily games
Slytherin/Hufflepuff : eye could plant hour move prove improve sure should would Christmas
Click on the link and go to Spelling Rule 33 to find the list and the daily games
English - ALL
Throughout the week you have been listening to one story from the African continent each day. REMEMBER, can you identify the message of each story?
Listen to today’s story - The clever monkey- which is from West Africa
Watch the video and then draw a story board to retell the story. You can either add text below each picture, or use speech bubbles to turn your story board into a cartoon/mini graphic novel!
Multiplication practise for all – make sure you are on the correct tab/page (5-7 or 7-11)
and/or continued use of:
Y2 = time
Quarter past/to, extension 5 min intervals
Watch the video, then complete the sheets that feel confident to try.
Y3 = capacity, extension = comparing capacity
As per Y2 - watch the video, then complete what you can.
Africa = extension tasks - try at least 1
- Click on the link below to learn more about the diverse continent of Africa. Can you create a short quiz to test your family?
- Countries of Africa game. This is hard! How many countries within Africa can you locate?
- You will need a labelled map of Africa open in another window to check/search (of an atlas if you have one).
Art ideas: (optional)
Create an African landscape- you could make a model, draw, paint, use pastels- be as adventurous as you like…as ever, check online for INSPIRATION!
Why singing makes us FEEL GOOD