Tuesday 5th January
- Nar Valley Federation of Church Academies»
- Narborough Primary Academy»
- Our Learning»
- Fox Class»
- January 2021 School Closure»
- Tuesday 5th January»
Welcome to the new term!
Below are the home learning tasks for Tuesday. We are available on dojo to help, so please message us if you have any problems and we will do our best to get back to you as quickly as possible.
Use the powerpoint below with the children to explore the rules for adding prefixes and their meanings to root words. (Spellings prefixes powerpoint).
Use this link: https://spellingframe.co.uk/ to practise adding prefixes to root words.
- Click on year 3 and 4-more prefixes
- Click on view words.
- Write them down.
- Then press ‘play’ in the top right-hand corner
- Click on spelling tiles.
- Each day use 1 of the games until you have gone on each game (5 games each week displayed).
You will be tested on these spellings on Friday, so make sure you practise!
Encourage pupils to practise their times tables by clicking on the link below. This will give 10 questions based around recall of the times tables facts.
- Click on the daily 10 image.
- At the top of the page, you should see 3 ‘choose’ tabs
- 1st tab: Choose level 4 (year 4) or level 5 (year 5)
- 2nd tab: Multiplication, Choose mixed tables up to x12
- Then you should see a range of question intervals at the bottom of the page…try starting with 7 seconds to begin with.
- Upload your score to dojo to let your teacher know how you got on.
You could also try selecting division to practice using your knowledge of times tables to solve related division questions.
White Rose Maths: Perimeter of a rectangle
FYI: Perimeter is the distance all the way around a shape. This is explained in the video, so don’t panic!
Click on the link below to watch the video tutorial about how to find the perimeter of a rectangle.
Then, complete the worksheet below (Maths Perimeter of a rectangle). You could print it off and write on the worksheet, or write the answers on paper, but remember to number your answers clearly so your parents can check you are correct.
Parents: I have also uploaded the answer sheet (MATHS ANSWERS) for you to refer to.
These interactive lessons are from the natural curriculum website. Clicking on the links will take you to the relevant webpage. Note there is a separate lesson for year 4 and year 5- if you have 2 children in different year groups, just select either year 4 or year 5 for children to complete. The children need to work through each of the 4 parts (see the tabs at the bottom…1- Learning objective, 2- The Grammar bit, 3- Whiteboard challenge, 4- Writing ideas.
Show your teacher how you got on by uploading a photo/screenshot of your work to your profile on class dojo.
Year 4: Commas in lists
Year 5: Commas to clarify meaning
History: How did the Roman Empire become so powerful?
Click on the link below to go to the oak academy lesson on how did the Roman Empire become so powerful?
- Watch the video lesson with Mr Barber (your new History teacher) explaining what an empire is, how the Roman Empire began, and how it became so powerful.
If you have problems with buffering with the video, you could scroll down and view the presentation instead.
- Complete the exit quiz to see how much you have learned.
Share your score with your teacher on dojo to let them know how you got on.