Wednesday 15th July
- Nar Valley Federation of Church Academies»
- Narborough Primary Academy»
- Our Learning»
- Fox Class»
- School Closure: Home Learning»
- Summer Term»
- Wednesday 15th July»
Wonderful Wednesday has arrived....Keep going!
Spellings: rule 41: words containing ‘fer’
Use this link: https://spellingframe.co.uk/
- Click on year 5 & 6 spelling rule 43 (‘fer’)
- Click on view words.
- Write them down in your English book.
- Then press ‘play’ in the top righthand corner
- Click on spelling tiles.
- Each day use 1 of the games until you have gone on each game (5 games each week displayed).
Remember, you will be tested on these spellings on Friday, so it is a good idea to practice writing them daily too.
English/Topic: Endangered animals
- Visual items to show to camera – such as
- pictures of an orangutan,
- a map showing where in the world they live,
- maybe sweets or products that contain palm oil (you’ll understand this once you read the information attached)
- maybe a banner in the background.
- You might want to set up a table/desk so that you look like a news reporter (this might help you if you need to use your cue cards to remember facts/information)
- Websites written on a sheet of paper to show to the camera at the end of your report
- Being animated – this means show enthusiasm, change your tone and volume of your voice to keep the attention of your audience. Use facial expressions, body movements have a look at this link (its slightly over the top – but will give ideas for speaking to camera)
- Dress Up – have fun with this.
Take your time to research well – set yourself a timetable
Wednesday: Filming part 1. Think of this as being your dress rehearsal. Have a go at filming your documentary with your props. Watch it back and evaluate it. How can it be improved? Practice, ready for your final film tomorrow.
You do not need to upload your dress rehearsal film.
Pupils have also been using daily 10 in class to improve this recall of multiplication and division facts. They all know how this works. Click on the link below to access the website.
Having listened to your feedback, some of you preferred the white rose maths, and some preferred the NCETM videos. So, I am going to offer a choice. You can either do the white rose or the NCETM videos. There is no right or wrong option, it is what best suits you. Either lesson will benefit your child.
NCETM Year 5/6
Number, Addition and subtraction: Lesson 3 Extend ‘same sum’ strategy to calculations with decimal fractions
Year 5 Maths Summer term week 12 (W/C 13th July) Lesson 3: Converting units of time
Guidance: watch the video tutorial, then complete the worksheet. If you can't (or don't want to) print the worksheet, write your answers in your exercise book. Make sure you number your questions to make it easy for your parents to check your answers.
This week, the worksheets will not feature on the white rose site, but will appear at the bottom of this webpage.
Year 6 Maths Summer term week 12 (W/C 13th July) Lesson 3: Read and interpret pie charts
Guidance: watch the video tutorial, then complete the worksheet. If you can't (or don't want to) print the worksheet, write your answers in your exercise book. Make sure you number your questions to make it easy for your parents to check your answers!