Wednesday 20th January
- Nar Valley Federation of Church Academies»
- Narborough C of E Primary Academy»
- Our Learning»
- Fox Class»
- January 2021 School Closure»
- Wednesday 20th January»
Welcome to Wednesday’s learning tasks!
Spellings: Rule 20: ‘ous’ or ‘ious’ suffixes
Use the powerpoint below to explore when the ‘ous’ or ‘ious’ suffixes are used. Can children explain when to use each suffix?
Quick Write: 2 A sentences
Watch the short video tutorial from your teacher on dojo, and look at the powerpoint below, to have a go at writing your own sentences containing 2 adjectives to describe the nouns. How many different sentences can you come up with?
Encourage pupils to practise their times tables by clicking on the link below. This will give 10 questions based around recall of the times tables facts.
- Click on the daily 10 image.
- At the top of the page, you should see 3 ‘choose’ tabs
- 1st tab: Choose level 4 (year 4) or level 5 (year 5)
- 2nd tab: Multiplication, Choose mixed tables up to x12
- Then you should see a range of question intervals at the bottom of the page…try starting with 7 seconds to begin with.
- Upload your score to dojo to let your teacher know how you got on.
You could also try selecting division to practice using your knowledge of times tables to solve related division questions.
White Rose Maths
Note: this week there are separate lessons for year 4 and year 5 children.
Year 4: Multiply 3 digits by 1 digit.
Click on the link below to watch the video tutorial about how to multiply 3 digit numbers by 1 digit numbers.
Then, complete the worksheet below (Y4 Maths Multiply 3 digits by 1 digit). You could print it off and write on the worksheet, or write the answers on paper/exercise book, but remember to number your answers clearly so your parents can check you are correct.
Parents: I have also uploaded the answer sheet (Y4 MATHS ANSWERS) for you to refer to.
Year 5: Multiply 4 digits by 2 digits
Click on the link below to watch the video tutorial about multiplying a 4 digit number by a 2 digit number.
Then, complete the worksheet below (Y5 Maths Multiply 4 digits by 2 digits). You could print it off and write on the worksheet, or write the answers on paper/exercise book, but remember to number your answers clearly so your parents can check you are correct.
Parents: I have also uploaded the answer sheet (Y5 MATHS ANSWERS) for you to refer to.
English: Revolting Menus
This week, we are going to be creating our own revolting menus (we will write our final versions on Friday). We are going to be creating the most disgusting dishes we can think of and try to make them sound delicious.
To get you in the mood, click on the link below to watch a short clip about Fungus the bogeyman. What disgusting details did you notice?
Your task today is to come up with as many disgusting ingredients as you can.
Watch the short video tutorial from your teacher on dojo for ideas and further instructions. The more revolting, the better!
Upload your list of vile, hideous, grotesque ingredients to dojo. Can you put me off my dinner?
RE : How does Dharma influence how Hindus live?
Click on the link below to go to the oak academy lesson on how does Dharma influence how Hindus live?
- Watch the video lesson with Mr Hutchinson to learn what Dharma is, and how it affects the daily life of Hindus.
- Complete the exit quiz to see how much you have learned.
Share your score with your teacher on dojo to let them know how you got on.
Music: Bob Marley, Three little birds
Click on the link below to login to the YUMU website. (Children will need their login details).
- Type in your user name and password
- Click on Three little birds (Bob Marley)
- Click on Step 2
- Choose which activities to try by clicking on them (on the right hand side of the screen)