Wednesday 24th February
- Nar Valley Federation of Church Academies»
- Castle Acre Primary Academy»
- Our Learning»
- Whitebeam Class»
- School Closure Work Spring 2021»
- Week Beginning 22nd February»
- Wednesday 24th February»
Complete your look ,cover, write and check. Remember to log on to the spelling frame website to help you practise.
Focus : Time
Today we are going to practise telling time.
Click on the link below:
Choose the level you think would best suit you. If you think you have cracked that level try having a go at the next level up.
Year 2 and Year 3
We are continuing to focus upon 2D shapes and their properties. 2D shapes can be described using the terms sides ,angles and vertices.If all the sides and angles are equal they are called regular polygons. An irregular polygon is a 2D shape whose sides and angles are not equal.
These are both pentagons but one is regular and the other irregular.
Watch the video and then complete the Challenges
Watch the video by clicking on the link below.
Read the information on the website and then try the quiz.
Next click on the link below and using the geo board with the elastic bands create the following shapes. Take some photos of the shapes you have made.
a quadrilateral, pentagon, octagon, equilateral triangle, scalene triangle , isosceles triangle right angled triangle, hexagon
Can you make regular and irregular shapes?
Attached below is a 2D shape mat which shows a number of different 2D shapes that you could make.
Our letter yesterday to a policeman was written in formal style. We always use formal language when we want to be polite to someone we don’t know yet. We are more likely to get an answer.
1) Have a look at the powerpoint on formal language
2) Download the formal language worksheet and have a go at the challenges in your book
3) Open the letter up again to the policeman. Find 4 examples of where the writer has been formal and polite and copy these in your book in your neatest handwriting.
Music and Spanish
Log in and practise your Spanish and then continue to have a go at the activities on the music hub for half an hour or so!