Welcome to the Nar Valley Federation of Church ACADEMIEs WEBSITE.
We hope you find easily what you are looking for in our Federation website. Each school has its own individual site where you will find information ranging from Admissions, term dates and the latest school letters, to our school galleries where we share with you some of the great work our children have been doing.
Please don't hesitate to contact us here if you have any queries.
We currently have a vacancy for Caretaker at our Sporle Primary Academy, please see the forms attached below for further information.
Academy Caretaker Job Description
Sporle Primary Academy
Pay Scale: Scale C £18, 065.00 - £18, 426.00 per annum FTE (depending upon experience)
Responsible to: Headteacher, site manager or premises manager
Responsible for: Assistant caretaker and Cleaners where applicable
Purpose of role:
- Under the direction of the Headteacher and in accordance with the practices and procedures of the school, to ensure that the school premises and contents are properly maintained, secured and ready for use.
- To help keep the school clean and tidy.
Other job information:
- The Caretaker has a 24-hour responsibility for the security of the school premises. Within this the hours of attendance for work will be determined by the needs of the school and undertaken by agreement with the Headteacher.
- Key holder responsibilities extend beyond regular working hours to cater for emergencies at any time day or night.
- To be responsible for the security of the premises and its contents, including the operation of fire and burglar alarms and undertaking key holder responsibilities, involving locking/unlocking entrances, checking and securing windows and internal doors, activating and switching off alarm systems, etc.
- To ensure that heating and lighting systems and other equipment are working properly, including such systems in accommodation used solely for school meals where there are common services. To regulate heating/ventilation as necessary.
- To supervise other caretaking and cleaning staff (where applicable) under the general directions of the Headteacher.
- To monitor the work of cleaning contractors (where applicable) by making regular inspections to check that the specification is being met in terms of frequency and quality of work. To bring initial discrepancies to the attention of the contractor’s site supervision and refer ongoing problems to the Headteacher. To assist the Headteacher in the completion of satisfaction certificates by providing information about general standards of cleaning
- To allow access to authorised maintenance or building contractors and ensure they are aware of any potential hazards connected with their presence on the premises, having regard to the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
With many thanks,
Mrs Anne Neary
Executive Head Teacher
The Nar Valley Federation of Church Academies